We had an early frost so I had many large tomatoes ripening on the window sills. Several ripened at once and needed to be used so we created this recipe on the fly. We liked it. Try it and tell us what you think.
Using green celery adds flavor and a bit of crunch. The red onion adds a tad of heat. If you don’t want the mustard taste, use a bit of plain mayo with a dash of balsamic vinegar.
- 1-1/2 to 2 Cups tomatoes (diced)
- 1 stalk green celery
- 1/4 red onion (diced)
- 1 can tuna (drained)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 oz pepper jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 or 2 Tbsp Honey Mustard Dressing
- mayonnaise (optional)
- 4 slices Dave’s Killer bread toasted
- Slice and dice tomatoes.
- Add celery sliced thin, and red onion.
- Add about 1/4 cup of the shredded pepper jack cheese.
- Add Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Mix well.
- Add drained tuna broken into chunks and fold in.
- Add 1 to 2 Tbsp. honey mustard dressing. Mix, adjust seasonings, and set aside.
- Toast bread slightly and spread with mayonnaise (if desired).
- Top with tomato-tuna mixture and sprinkle with grated pepper jack cheese.
- Microwave 1 to 2 minutes or just until pepper jack cheese begins to melt.
Tuna Melt with tomato
Serves: 4 persons
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5.99 g||7.7%|
|Saturated Fat 3.06 g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0.01 g|
|Cholesterol 27.47 mg||9%|
|Sodium 410.36 mg||17.1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.45 g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6 g||8%|
|Sugars 4.02 g|
|Protein 15.6 g|
|Vitamin A 7.23 %||Vitamin C 10.99 %|
|Calcium 16.96 %||Iron 11.91 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2023 copyright 2017 – CabinCrick.com – all rights reserved